Update on proposed amalgamation and members forum
Wednesday 14 April 2021
Dear Counties Racing Club (CRC) and Auckland Racing Club (ARC) member,
Update on ARC/CRC potential amalgamation and upcoming Member Forums
Since we wrote to you in December last year, discussions between ARC and CRC relating to a potential amalgamation of the two clubs have continued to progress well.
The documentation for the proposal has been negotiated and the clubs are close to signing the documents. It is important to emphasise that the merger of the two clubs is conditional on the approval of the members of CRC and the members of ARC subsequently approving changes to their Rules and Regulations, as a consequence of the proposed merger. Ultimately, it is your vote that will decide whether it proceeds or not.
We are currently consulting with key industry bodies and representatives in relation to the potential merger. Following this first phase of consultation, we will schedule Member Forums for members of both clubs in May and will shortly notify you of confirmed dates for these.
At these forums, we will present an outline of the proposed merger to you, and the significant benefits it would have on the future of both clubs, horse racing in the Auckland Region and the wider New Zealand thoroughbred racing industry. These forums are an opportunity for you to ask us directly any questions you might have on the proposed merger and what it means for you.
Following the completion of the forums and consideration of feedback received we then intend proceeding to a special general meeting and membership vote in June/July.
This is an exciting time for our industry, and we thank you for your continued interest and support. We will be in touch again shortly with a further update.
Mark Chitty Doug Alderslade
Counties Racing Club Chairman Auckland Racing Club Chairman