Want to earn while you learn?
Counties Racing Club has an opportunity for a Sports Turf Trainee to join their Team and complete a New Zealand Apprenticeship in Sports Turf Management.
The role will be based at Pukekohe Park reporting to the Track Manager the position will include day to day maintenance of our Racing and Training tracks, Buildings & facilities as well as the Parks grounds.
About the Position:
· Training track maintenance and preparation
· Racing track maintenance and preparation
· Irrigation maintenance
· Agrichemical and fertiliser application
· Mowing, brush cutting and weed spraying of grounds and surrounds
· Supervising morning trackwork activities
· Operation of specialist machinery
· Attending and participating in NZ Apprenticeship in Sports Turf Management
· An interest in Sports Turf and a willingness to develop skills and knowledge (An interest in racing is desirable but not essential)
· Ability to display integrity, responsibility, respect for others and the ability to be innovative
· Physically fit and able to undertake manual outdoor duties in a range of weather conditions
· Be willing to learn, committed to the apprenticeship and building a long-term career
· Hold a current NZ full drivers’ licence (Or be prepared to gain this)
· Work within Health and Safety guidelines.
What we can offer:
· As an employee of the Counties Racing Club you will be a valued member of our friendly and supportive team, you will have an experienced mentor who will be committed to helping you complete your Apprenticeship in Sports Turf Management and gain a NZQA qualification while you work
· Competitive salary that will be reviewed annually
· Receive full PPE
Counties Racing Club is an established Racing Club and in 2020 will celebrate its Centennial year.
Currently in excess of 150 horses use the training facilities at the Park Monday to Saturday.
We currently hold 12 Race meetings on our turf track throughout the season.
Pukekohe Park, which is wholly owned by The Counties Racing Club Incorporated, currently has three businesses operating; Horse Racing and Training, Motor Sport activities and an Event Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone of any age, gender and background to join our team and make a future for yourself within the Sports Turf Industry.
All applicants must have a current New Zealand Work visa, residency or citizenship.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 31 May 2019.